The Carolina Parents Fund: A Giving Opportunity
As one of the country's premier universities, Carolina continues to regard parent and family support as a crucial piece of student success. Your gift allows our office and Student Affairs to provide a number of resources and opportunities to our students and families that foster student success and learning. Here are some of those programs your gift to this fund, makes possible:
Building Connection with Families
New Student & Family Programs is your connection to the University. We hope to be the first call or email you make to learn more about the university, get tips/strategies for helping your student, and more. Your gift helps us staff and maintain this continual support to make a big place like UNC, feel a little smaller. Find our number, emails, and social media links at that bottom of our website.
Creating Engaging Events
New Student & Family Programs helps sponsor our current programs and are always interested in learning more about how families can volunteer time or resources to support students in their Carolina experience. You gift allows us to subsidize and support these and ever-growing programs for families and students. Current programs include:
- Carolina Family Weekend: an opportunity to come and experience some of what Carolina has to offer as a family.
- Summer Send-Offs: families and alumni volunteer to host gatherings before students come to campus in the fall. This builds community among families in their regional areas and among students.
- The Annual Family Weekend Kick-Off Meeting is co-sponsored by the Carolina Parents Council. It invites all families to meet for updates, and Q&A with the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, and Student Body President. The Council hosts this meeting and gives away a semester of free in-state tuition to one family.
Keeping You Informed
In addition to connecting over the phone, email, and social media, all families can get updated information often through various resources that the office continually and annually craft.
- The UNC Family Experience: your online platform to get news, events, and direct email announcements about happenings at UNC. The goal is to educate and inform families to best support their students.
- Newsletters: Though the portal is always available, you will typically receive a newsletter with a collection of posts, stories, and events every two weeks.
- The Carolina Family Handbook: an annual guide for all families to get information on resources, traditions, and more to help you learn the ins-and-outs of Carolina, from the family and parent perspective.
- Focused on the Family Fridays : a newer communication program where campus experts are featured to meet with you virtually online, to share important information and answer your questions. If you can’t make the interactive live stream, you can always find these recorded here, on our website families.unc.edu.
We highly regard family contributions, these funds allow us to maintain our programs and pave the way for new programs and resources that will benefit Tar Heels for years to come.
Click below to make your impact!