Welcome to The University’s Living Room.
Built by UNC alumnus John Sprunt Hill in 1924 and later gifted in 1935 to the University, the Inn serves as "a cheerful inn for visitors, a town hall for the state, and a home for returning sons and daughters of alma mater." Still owned by the university, the AAA Four Diamond Inn is the only hotel located on the university campus. In addition to its rich cultural history, the Inn is architecturally significant, blending elements of antebellum Southern plantation homes with Georgian and neoclassical features, often found in the Northeast. The building's original front was modeled after the Potomac River front of Mt. Vernon.
The Inn has undergone six major renovations since 1924 including three major additions. The original grandeur and traditional warmth is felt throughout the Inn, while guests experience modern services and amenities. A collection of antiques, along with objects original to the Inn in 1924, complements the casually elegant décor.
As a partner with New Student & Family Programs, a portion of your rate will be given back to the Carolina Parents Fund to support Carolina students and families.
Special New Student Orientation Benefits:
- Special Reduced Rate of $169 (+ tax) per night
- Click here or call 800-962-8519 to Secure Your Room Today!
- Complimentary Breakfast for 2
- Complimentary Parking – Best Spot On Campus!
- Complimentary Local Transportation Within a 5 Mile Radius
- Join the 1924 Club – Exclusively for Carolina Parents
Orientation rate is only available late May – early August (barring availability)
- AAA Four Diamond and Forbes Four-Star Carolina Crossroads Restaurant
- Signature Events Include Fridays on the Front Porch and Tailgate Inn on the Front Porch
- Nightly Turndown Service
- 24 Hour Business Center and Complimentary WiFi Access
- In-Room Coffee and Tea
- Full Concierge Services
- On Campus Location – Park and Walk to Campus Events
- One Block from Historic Franklin Street
On the campus of The University of North Carolina
211 Pittsboro Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516