- Where will I park during Orientation?
Parking for all Orientation attendees will be offered at the Rams Head Parking Deck. This parking deck is located at 330 Ridge Road across from the Field Hockey Stadium on campus. Students and registered guests will be emailed a parking pass two weeks ahead of the session date. Plan to use your parking passes as validation to exit Rams Head Parking Garage without a charge each day. Please note: failure to provide a parking pass upon exit will result in being charged the normal hourly rate.
- First-year students, please plan to arrive no later than 9:00 a.m. on Day 1 of Orientation; staff will greet you in the parking lot and direct you to check-in. Please print two copies of your New Student Orientation Parking Pass to bring.
- Transfer students, please plan to arrive no later than 8:00 a.m., staff will greet you in the parking lot and direct you to check-in. Please print one copy of your New Student Orientation Parking Pass to bring.
If you arrive late and failed to print your parking pass before arrival, you will need to obtain a parking pass from Orientation staff located in the F.P.G Student Union. For more information, visit our searchable campus maps and accessibility parking.
- Where will I stay during my Orientation session?
Students will stay in the Carmichael Residence Hall. Linens are NOT provided in the residence hall. Rooms are double occupancy rooms; each room is air-conditioned and has two twin beds. Participants should bring their own pillow, blanket/bed linens, and towels. Carmichael Residence Hall consists of suite-style bathroom facilities, shared by the 7 students in each suite.
- Can I stay in the same room as my student?
All first-year students are required to live in on-campus housing or in Granville Towers during their first year at UNC. Therefore, all first-year students have the opportunity to experience on-campus living with during First-Year Orientation. As such, only students reside in residence halls for orientation.
- Can I request my roommate at Orientation?
Roommates will be assigned during housing check-in. If you would like to room with somebody specific at your session you MUST check-in to housing together at the same time.
- My guest (or student) require accessibility resources/services. How can I request those?
If a student or guest requires accessibility services such as a sign language interpreter, dietary needs, or additional resources please be sure to indicate the needs in the appropriate fields during the Orientation reservation application. Students can also seek assistance from Accessibility Resources & Services.
- I'm a Carolina Covenant family member who signed up for orientation housing. Where can I find more information on my housing?
Carolina Covenant families who registered for orientation housing will receive an email 3-days ahead of your session date with information on your overnight stay location, including check-in and parking details from email@example.com.