Orientation Leaders (OLs) are a diverse group of student leaders who have the primary responsibility of helping first-year and transfer students make a smooth transition into UNC-CH by serving as resources and role models for the newest members of our Carolina community. Orientation Leaders assist with New Student Orientation and Family Orientation, and continue their commitment to serve first-year and transfer students by participating in Week of Welcome (WOW) and Tar Heel Beginnings (THB) activities and Carolina Family Weekend. Due to the high level of involvement and interaction with fellow student staff, faculty, administrators, and new students, the OL experience is truly one that produces dynamic, confident, and capable student leaders. Orientation Leaders are provided with tremendous support and training to successfully execute the duties of the office, and to effectively set and meet personal and professional goals outside of Orientation. Orientation Leader alumni often cite the OL experience as integral to their current success in graduate school and professional practices after graduation.
As an Orientation Leader, you will:
- Support an inclusive University community that encourages involvement and the open exchange of ideas.
- Model integrity and personal responsibility.
- Serve as a highly respected resource and mentor to new students.
- Be a part of a collegial relationship with new students and the University.
- Have a ton of fun and make memories to last a lifetime.