Carolina Parents Council
The Carolina Parents Council is the leadership arm for Carolina families, representing the needs of undergraduate students and families. The Council focuses on encouraging interaction between family members and the University by supporting programs offered by New Student & Family Programs and Student Affairs. The Council also provides grant funding for programs that directly benefit undergraduate students through its signature Carolina Parents Council Grant program.
Want to learn more about the Carolina Parents Council before joining?
- If you complete the interest form, a member will reach out to answer your questions.
- See the digital information brochure above.
Join or renew with the Carolina Parents Council today!
- STEP 1: Complete the Membership Application Form.
- STEP 2: Make your Membership Gift of $1250
- DEADLINE: Membership gifts are generally due by October 1 each year.
- This deadline helps build the funding base for the Grant Awards Program
- New membership gifts and applications can be accepted throughout the year.
How to Pay for Parents Council Membership
- Credit card: The preferred method of payment is by credit card. You can make a payment online at give.unc.edu.
- Review give.unc.edu's How To Give website for all options and help.
- Matching gifts: Many employers offer matching gift programs. If your employer has a matching gifts program, you can increase the impact of your gift to the Carolina Parents Council by having your employer match your gift. Please contact your employer to find out if they have a matching gift program and how to submit a matching gift request.
- Check or Bank Draft: You can also make a payment by check. Make your check payable to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and mail it to:
Carolina Parents Council
New Student & Family Programs
SASB South, Suite 3318, CB#5490
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
You may also set up a payment plan to pay for your Parents Council membership in monthly installments or in partial payments over the academic year. To set up a payment plan, please contact the Executive Director of Donor Relations and Revenue Management at (919) 962-3967.
Apply to the Carolina Parents Council as a Sponsored Family
Families can apply for a sponsored membership and a waiver of all (or a portion) of the $1250 membership gift.
Meetings and Engagement Opportunities
- The Parents Council has a typical schedule of activities each year, including:
- The Fall Meeting
- The Fall Social
- The Grant Awards Review
- The Spring Meeting & Reception
- The Parents Council Executive Committee does meet a few more times each year. More information about that committee and its expectations can be learned once you become a member.
2023 - 2024 Calendar Dates
- The Fall Meeting: Friday, October 6, 2023
- The Fall Social: Saturday, October 7, 2023 (this is a ticketed event and at the home football game)
- The Grant Awards Review: The review occurs over Winter Break. The Awards Interviews are live-streamed to all Council members.
- The Spring Meeting & Reception: Friday, April 12, 2024