First-Year New Student Orientation
Fall 2023 Admitted Students: Registration for Orientation is now open!
New Student & Family Programs welcomes you and your family to Carolina. Our office is here to support you and your family as you transition to UNC-Chapel Hill.
Remember to complete these 3 steps in order to register:
Actively participating in New Student Orientation is an important aspect of facilitating your transition to Carolina. All new, first-year students are required to attend New Student Orientation.
Attending New Student Orientation provides new students the opportunity to...
- gain a more concrete feel for the campus community.
- learn about campus resources.
- hear from academic advisors.
- connect with faculty and current students, including your Orientation Leader (OL).
- learn what it means to be a Tar Heel.
New Student Orientation also offers a number of opportunities for family members. During our concurrent Family Orientation, participants will hear from numerous university administrators, faculty members, and current students about how to partner with the University to support your success and learning. We welcome and strongly encourage family members and guests to attend Family Orientation and learn about how to get involved at Carolina as a family member. Reservations for Family Orientation should be completed at the same time students complete their New Student Orientation Reservation.
Attending Family Orientation provides family members the opportunity to...
- learn how to support your Carolina student to be successful.
- gain insight about campus services.
- discover how to become involved as a Carolina family.
- meet faculty, administrators, staff and current students.
Please review this site to learn more about our staff, programs and services for new students, and please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to meeting you at New Student & Family Orientation!