The Carolina Parents Council is the leadership arm for Carolina families, representing the needs of undergraduate students and families. The Council focuses on encouraging interaction between family members and the University by supporting programs offered by New Student & Family Programs and Student Affairs. The Council also provides grant funding for programs that directly benefit undergraduate students through its signature Carolina Parents Council Grant program.
Want to learn more about the Carolina Parents Council before joining?
- Complete our Parents Council Interest Form.
- See the digital information brochure above. You can download this as a PDF under Related Files below.
Join the Carolina Parents Council today!
- STEP 1: Complete the Membership Application Form.
- STEP 2: Make your Membership Gift of $1250
- DEADLINE: Membership gifts are generally due by October 1 each year.
- This deadline helps build the funding base for the Grant Awards Program
- Members can elect to pay their membership gift in installments.
- New membership gifts and applications can be accepted throughout the year.
Meetings and Engagement Opportunities
- The Parents Council has a typical schedule of activities each year, including:
- The Fall Meeting
- The Fall Social
- The Grant Awards Review
- The Spring Meeting & Reception
- The Parents Council Executive Committee does meet a few more times each year. More information about that committee and its expectations can be learned once you become a member.
2022 - 2023 Calendar Dates
- The Fall Meeting: Friday, September 30, 2022
- The Fall Social: Saturday, October 1, 2022 (this is a ticketed event and at the home football game)
- The Grant Awards Review: Review occurs over Winter Break. The Awards Interviews are live-streamed to all Council members.
- The Spring Reception: Date TENTATIVE - April 14, 2023
- The Spring Meeting: Date TENTATIVE - April 15, 2023